Saturday, February 17, 2007

Best guitar solos (for editing)

As I was working on my thesis tonight (draft 2, chapter 1) I listened to some great guitar-heavy rock and roll on iTunes.

This was a change for me. Often when I'm writing for class or working on my thesis, I prefer listening to music which doesn't have hooks, or other elements that distract. My playlist tends to favor instrumental, long-form music, such as Satie, Ravel, Segovia, and Tool.

But tonight I was in edit mode, not writing mode. I was revising the first draft of my thesis and incorporating the suggestions of my thesis director. It was more relaxing work, as most of the heavy lifting (research, and writing from scratch) had already been completed. I therefore had some leeway in my music choices, and put on some great old and (relatively) new rock, including the following songs which I think have the best guitar solos in the Western rock pantheon:


Ideally, this should be a top ten list, but I didn't have time to go through all of the songs in my iTunes collection.

Anyone else have recommendations, to fill out the list?

No comments: