Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Recognized in the Neal award for "Best Blog"

One of my blogs has received a pretty cool honor. A post from The Digital Media Machine (my old Computerworld blog) has been recognized in the Neal Award the publication received for "Best Blog." Neal Awards recognize "editorial excellence in business media publications," so I was happy to hear the news. Computerworld has the story:
The blog award recognized three blog posts in particular, one from the Web site's daily IT Blogwatch written by Richi Jennings, and others written by Ian Lamont and David Ramel. Computerworld participated in the categories for sites with more than 500,000 unique visitors per month.
Dave and Richi are friends and great bloggers to boot, so it is pretty cool to share the honor with them. Richi has written about this on his own personal blog, and there's a video of the award ceremony at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York.

The post that was recognized in the award was actually prompted by something I read on Slashdot, which in turn prompted a blog post on my I, Lamont blog: MMORPGs training "Generation G" for corner-office suites. For the Computerworld follow-up, The gaming world meets the corporate world: Generation G grows up, I tightened up the thesis, did some research into the demographics, added a YouTube video, and engaged in an interesting dialogue with some of my readers. Later, I wrote another post about Generation G in Taiwan.

I am not blogging for Computerworld anymore -- I have a new job as managing editor of The Industry Standard -- but it's still pretty special.

No comments: