Saturday, February 23, 2008

A March graduate and Harvard Commencement

Even though I will be taking part in Harvard Commencement on June 5, I will technically be graduating next week after finishing the last of my degree requirements in January. The Extension School has rolling graduation for people who finish mid-year or in the summer, so it's possible to graduate in November or March. While there are no ceremonies at these times, graduates can participate in the Commencement exercises with all of the June graduates.

One of the disappointing things about graduation is loss of access to special student services. I am not so much concerned about losing my spam-filled FAS email account, but access to Factiva, LexisNexis, and the special student computer discounts will be missed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Graduating -- very good. Losing access to online research resources...hard to imagine! Congrats, Ian. ;)

I Lamont said...

Thanks Chris. Just after I wrote this post, I received an invitation from the Harvard Extension School Alumni Association to attend a wine tasting at Loeb House -- so yes, it's for real!


And congrats yourself for hitting a very important thesis milestone ...

Rodney Wilson said...

Congratulations!!!! You must be thrilled. I have two more courses after this semester and the thesis before I can join you!!!!

I Lamont said...

Thanks Rodney, and good luck -- the thesis is a bear, but it's what sets the ALM program apart. Hope to be seeing you and Chris at those HESAA wine tastings in a few years ...