Sunday, October 15, 2006

Thesis update: My path is clear

I've reached an important thesis milestone. My thesis director has reviewed my data, queried me on a few points, and has not only agreed that my focus is worthwhile, but said that the data and methodology potentially have other applications as well. I have to change the format of the data output from percentages to ratios, and create one additional benchmark for the Yoshikoder data, but otherwise I'm ready to start writing.

My thesis director and I discussed a plan of attack for the chapters and review process. I am going to write up as an outline this week, and notify the Extension School of the revised title and schedule. But the sense of uncertainty that I have been carrying around for the last 18 months is gone. A very long but straightforward writing process will dominate my evenings and weekends for the next three or four months.

The end is not yet within sight, but my path is clear.

No comments: