Tuesday, February 21, 2006

It's official: Summers resigns, Bok is interim president

Just received this at my FAS account:
Dear Members of the Harvard Community,

I write to let you know that, after considerable reflection, I have
notified the Harvard Corporation that I will resign as President of the
University as of June 30, 2006. I will always be grateful for the
opportunity to have served Harvard in this role, and I will treasure the
continuing friendship and support of so many exceptional colleagues and
students at Harvard.

Below are links to my letter to the community, as well as a letter from
the members of the Corporation and a related news release.

Sincerely,

Larry Summers


The message also included links to a Gazette article, the text of a letter to the community, and a letter from Corporation members.

Derek Bok will return as interim president July 1.

No comments: