Monday, August 29, 2005

Discounted computers through Harvard

One great benefit of being a student at Harvard is access to computer and software deals through the Harvard Technology Products Center. I just bought a copy of Mac OS X 4 (the Tiger operating system) for $78, including taxes and shipping. That compares with more than $130 for the official Apple price.

In the past I've bought other gear through the TPC. Discounts vary. The OS X discount is about 50% cheaper, but many other things -- such as the iMac -- are between 10% and 20% cheaper. You have to have a Harvard ID and PIN access, too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The prices are good when compared to retail, but not as good when compared to eBay, TigerDirect, and other online sources... It's pretty easy to find a new, unused copy of Tiger at $50 or less on eBay.

Good blog, by the way. I read it sporadically, but when I do, I enjoy it.