Sunday, May 22, 2005

First post

Welcome to a blog about my academic journey at Harvard. I am a third-year student at the Harvard Extension School, which is Harvard's most established and wide-ranging continuing education program within the Department of Continuing Education, which is in turn a part of the faculty of Arts and Sciences. I am enrolled in the graduate ALM program, majoring in history.

In the next few months I will start my thesis. This is the heart of the ALM program, and the most difficult -- many Extension students have completed all of their coursework but never get around to writing their thesis. I am confident I will start mine, as I have a pretty good idea of what I want to research for my thesis. I hope this blog, besides letting others know more about the Harvard Extension School, will help me stay motivated over the next year. It will also serve a record of my thoughts as I develop my research, prepare my thesis proposal, and start the actual work related to carrying out historical research.

I will also talk about Harvard Extension School classes. I don't have much coursework to complete, but will frequently refer back to old professors, books, assignments, et cetera.

Email me at ilamont at fas.harvard.edu if you have any questions!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog via Google and am currently considering the ALM program. I was hoping there was an index of your blog posts so I could zero in on topics that might help me learn more "first hand" experience. Is there a TOC or Index of your posts? At the moment, all I'm able to do is go to this first post or final post and click "newer" or "older."

Anonymous said...

I found your blog via Google and am currently considering the ALM program. I was hoping there was an index of your blog posts so I could zero in on topics that might help me learn more "first hand" experience. Is there a TOC or Index of your posts? At the moment, all I'm able to do is go to this first post or final post and click "newer" or "older."