Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Thesis update: One small step completed, but still a long way to go

I just sent off an email to my FAS thesis director, with the results of my expanded content analysis using Yoshikoder (see summary here). It's a big document set -- a brief email summary, a five-page single spaced Word document describing proposed tests and my preliminary analysis, and a 1.7 MB spreadsheet with all of my data that I've gathered since last year -- the results of NCNA frequency counts, Yoshikoder dictionary and concordance reports, charts generated from the data, etc.

It's a relief to send this to him, and I look forward to his comments. It's also nice to know that I'll have a break of at least a few days. But I know there's still a lot of work to be done. Even though I am not taking any other classes this fall, I've told my wife that I am going to be very busy at night and on the weekends over the next few months while I crank away at my thesis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the same article.

I'm continually amused by the Crimson and their attacks on the Extension School. Their belief that the lack of a formal admissions process for enrollment is a hallmark of inferior students is a laugh when compared against this evidence. If the admissions process at Harvard can be gamed with money or you can sit for exactly the same course in the Extension school at 1/4 the cost, then who's the greater fool?